CNS Systems, Inc. was formed in January, 1996 and is dedicated to providing communication, navigation and surveillance solutions for the commercial and military transportation industries. CNS Systems provides both products and consulting services in support of this mission.
Business activities have focused on the design and implementation of communications, navigation and surveillance systems for the aerospace industry, especially local and wide area data networks, VHF voice and data communications, satellite communications, and GPS-based navigation, surveillance and precision time systems.
CNS Systems' expertise includes systems engineering, hardware design and development, software design and development for both stand-alone and embedded systems, and digital signal processing. A close working relationship with other companies provides CNS Systems and our customers with access to the latest in RF, communications, computer and manufacturing capabilities.
As an example, CNS Systems developed CNS Ground Stations for the FAA and the U.S. Navy. The CNS Ground Station provides interfaces between ACARS, D8PSK (Mode-2) and STDMA (Mode-4) GNSS air-ground data links and ground sensors and networks such as the AMASS/ASDE-3 surface surveillance radar and the Navy's Range Safety network. It also provides an operator console for message traffic handling, system diagnostics and data collection. The system was successfully installed and demonstrated in the air traffic control tower at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport and at PAX River Naval Air Warfare Center.
As president of CNS Systems, I have 40 years experience designing communications and control systems, with experience in key programs such as:
- Design of hardware and firmware for new GPS receivers.
- Deisgn of hardware and firmware for GPS based projects for the railroad industry including a differential GPS navigation system and a GPS-based traction control sensor.
- Development of the CNS Ground Station which links various ground systems, such as the AMASS/ASDE-3 radar system, with aircraft via high speed VHF data links.
- Development of the CNS Clock, a high accuracy GPS-based clock capable of providing time synchronization signals with 30 nsec accuracy and IRIG or Synchronization signals, while simultaneously synchronizing the clocks in one or two Windows NT computers.
- Development and fielding of E-ACARS, a new generation air-ground data communications ground station and network infrastructure.
- Implementation of highly successful ACARS avionics improvement program.
- Development, evaluation and/or demonstration of next generation air-ground data communications systems such as STDMA, CTAG, AVPAC, and VDL.
- Development of air-ground satellite communications capability for commercial aviation.
- Development of SCAT-1 GNSS/GPS ground station which has been demonstrated at ORD and DFW.
- Implementation of the first two-way VDL waveform, 31.5 kbps, VHF airground data communication link, which was demonstrated at the FAA Technical Center using NASA's Transportation System Research Vehicle (TSRV) aircraft.
I would like to offer the services of CNS Systems, Inc. specifically in the roles of system design, integration, development, implementation, installation and/or testing.
Richard M. Hambly